Note This article is a part of a series of tutorials "Creating an Electron application with Svelte 3 and TypeScript".
- Part 1 - Introduction and setup our dev environment
- Part 2 - Define our goals and implement an interactive search bar
- Part 3 - Coming soon...
Check out the rest if you haven't yet 😉.
Before starting to work on our project, let's define a plan and a set of goals.
We know that we want to interact with Wikipedia's API, so what do we need for this? A first version would be like this. I will keep our goals simple for now, we can always add more things later.
Abstractly we have 3 components:
- a simple search for in a menu bar available at the top of the application. The first version will only have an input text and a button to call the API.
- a listing of search results in a left pan
- a right pan to view the selected article
That's pretty basic in term of features...